Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

get-a-way for our anni

Tuesday, June 23, 2015


Being with T is my favorite thing. One of the best parts of this little get-a-way was our conversations about big things, little things, random things, all the things. I could talk with him for days. We just have a good time and I wouldn't mind spending all day, every day with him. That boy cracks me up.
To celebrate our 2nd anni we took off on a mini-vacation to Saint George. First stop Tuacahn Center for the Arts to see Disney's Beauty and the Beast. As always, they do a fantastic job!
Only wished they would have turned on the mist(ers), the stale hot air was no good.




First time staying in a b&b. Seven Wives Inn did not disappoint. This home was where polygamists were hid in 1882 after it was outlawed by the US government. Each room was named after one of the wives. T picked out the Ada cottage. I mean come on, look how cute it was.









The best part by far was the breakfast. Our first day we were dummies and picked the same thing...one of us should have gotten the biscuits and gravy that looked amazing.


Breakfast #1 - Cinnamon apple crepes

Breakfast #2 - Berry banana crepes

(T enjoyed the quiche our 2nd morning)

Before the extreme 106+ F heat (lets be honest, anything above 80 feels like extreme heat in my opinion), we explored Snow Canyon. It had been many years since I had visited and this was a first for T. It's much smaller then I thought. Before we knew it, we had driven through the entire park. Worked our way back down doing a majority of the trails (skipped the long 8+ mile ones, this time around).








(pioneer names from the late 1800's)





(come on, how cute is he?!)



For lunch we tried out a google recommended restaurant. Riggatti's Wood Fired Pizza. Traditional pizza sauce, chicken, bacon, red onions, cheese and then drizzled with a sweet bbq sauce. This hit the spot. So good we ended up going back later that evening to try their peach cobbler dessert pizza.



When it gets as hot as it did, I don't know what else you can do but stay indoors.
Per T's request, Jurassic World it was.

Enjoyed the evening sun by cooling off in the little pool.


 (he spent more time scooping up bugs then actual swimming)



This little trip was just what we needed. It was nice to spend time just him and I, reflecting on our last 2 years married. I'm definitely gonna stick with him

p.s. Cannonball! For good measure...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup de Foudre © 2014