Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

family, fireworks, and the fourth

Tuesday, July 5, 2016
Long weekends should happen every week. Am I right? This 4th of July weekend was top notch. We were able to spend it with both sides of our families hiking, tie dying, and of course watching fireworks.

An early morning hike up to lakes Mary and Catherine was gorgeous. We had some laughs as my in-laws didn't turn off to the lake but continued up the summit before realizing they had passed us. A thoroughly enjoyed it considering he slept through 85% of it. Later that evening we spent the summer evening working on our blue & red tie dye shirts (I've since heard more shirts have come out purple than anything else...still need to go pick ours up).

For the 4th, my sister invited us down for her neighborhood's "cul-de-sac of fire" (guys the fireworks they do are insane, you can read about our first experience here). Wasn't sure how A would take to the fireworks so I prepared myself to watch from inside if needed. Well, he just stared at them for a bit and then nodded off to dreamland. He seems to be pretty impartial. So there's that. My favorite moment of the night however, was actually when my brother gave A a potato-bug.




Yes I'm that mom. Have to take advantage of his (mostly) immobile self because then pictures will get significantly more difficult. His two fingers...gah! Thanks babe for being my "instagram husband."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup de Foudre © 2014