I ran (at least tried to) in high school. A big reason I did was in fact because of a boy (said boy ended up being my husband, so it's okay). I was terribly slow and my endurance level was bleh. Pretty sure I came in LAST at every race. Since then I have found a love of running. It's a way for me to have time to just be. I am happier because of it. After the pregnancy I was determined to get back into. Well, I am happy to announce in the past 365 days I have recorded a whopping 700 miles (100 of those I accomplished in 1 month alone). This is a big deal for me.
Though we've moved away from Provo, I still find myself coming back for the Rex Lee Run each year. You could say the cause hits close to home...my Dad is a cancer survivor. This will mark the 8th year I've participated in the 5k. This year was extra special having most of my family there.
My new PR 26.43. And I wasn't last mind you. 😁 Yay!
Here's to the next 700+ miles!
No comments:
Post a Comment