Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Busted Battery

Wednesday, September 11, 2013
So this past Sunday evening we had both planned for an early start to the morning, I had planned to go on a trail run, and Kristyn had wanted to donate plasma early before work. However our efforts had been stymied by a restless night, and neither of us had slept well, so snooze buttons were utilized until eventually I decided to roll out of bed and get ready for work.

I went outside to fire up my red race car with its speedy quick tires, and in true Tanner fashion, I had left the lights on and my battery had kicked the bucket. I begrudgingly went back inside to ask Kristyn if she had jumper cables and asked for her assistance.....I grumpily went back outside feeling like a dork, pulled her car into the driveway, popped the hoods open and Kristyn strolled on out unfazed and took a picture of the cars, so we would have a picture to remember it by (cute), and then she continued to say...


"well it was a good thing that neither of us slept well and that we didn't wake up
early."

I was stunned! It was awesome to see how Kristyn recognized a little tender mercy that morning, and pulled something positive out of the undesirable situation. For if I had attempted to leave that morning I would have been met with a dead car, and would have just ended up lazing around, going back to bed, or be forced to do a monotonous run in Provo....and if she would have left before me, I would have been stranded and would've had to wait for her to come save me....which would have destroyed all my appointments I had fixed at work for the day.

So before you knew it, the car started up, we exchanged another set of kisses in the driveway (...........tee hee) and I was on my way.

Until I realized the car was out of gas, so I pulled into the station down the street, turned off the car....then realized...."oh, I hope it will start again"

Needless to say, it didn't. I was then faced with the fact that I would need to call up my wife to come save me, and didn't want to inconvenience her any further, but within 3 minutes she was there, and she was happy! :)

We jumped the car and I finally got on my way to work. It was pleasant drive where I just sat there and thought on just how awesome my wife is, and how nice it is to always have someone who is willing and ready to help with anything. I like having her as my teammate....plus she is babe.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup de Foudre © 2014