Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

workin the cows and eatin a creamie

Friday, June 6, 2014

Memorial Day weekend has been the same thing since I can remember. 
It's a time the whole family (aunts, uncles, cousins, husband, siblings) head up to the ranch to help "work the cows." For some of you, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Despite all the work that is put in, this has become a weekend I look forward to every year.

That little house in the background was my great grandparents.
The gorgeous mount in the back is one of my favorites, Sherman's Peak.
Eat some breakfast, find a pair of boots & gloves, and the fun begins...




the fun of catching spunky calves


This year Tanner and I were the tattoo-ers. Probably our only chance in life to have that title.
**(you don't need any pictures of this...I imagine it is just as painful as human tattoos)**


Of course on our lunch break we took the 4-wheelers out for stroll in the field.

can we please just appreciate how beautiful it is? yes I do believe this is where I should hashtag...#nofilter


this is T's second time visiting the ranch...I think he loves it too!



The day was perfect until the afternoon storm rolled in. Cow pies are not pleasant (despite being called "pies"), however they are especially not pleasant when wet. We took a break in the barn hoping the rain would ease up but to no avail, it did not. The last half we pushed through being soaked and muddy.


(water + dirt) x manure = the country life

this cow was a curious one; just checkin out my dad and uncle as they took a quick snooze

my aunt took this picture from inside the house; she was nice and dry.
notice me with the yellow hood

Good thing I got some pictures before the rains came.

got this lovely one of my momma leading one of the horses



On that note... I love going to Grandmas!



post signature

2 comments:

  1. I was laughing so hard on the first video of everyone chasing the cows. I didn't have the volume up, but I can imagine everyone was yelling at everyone else because they *knew* what they were doing. Always fun!

    Love all of the pictures, love the experience. Hopefully we will be up there next Memorial weekend!

    PS> You changed your blog! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Coup de Foudre © 2014