Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

year one

Monday, June 16, 2014


It seems like just yesterday I was writing this post and this, oh and this.
I can still remember back when we were just little high schoolers and how excited I'd feel to get to see him each day at school. Little did I know, almost 8 years later, every day I would get to wake up by his side.

In some ways time has flown by and in others it feels like just yesterday we were kneeling across the alter. If I would have known how great being married was, I would have done it sooner. But seriously, Heavenly Father really knows each one of us individually and knew I needed Tanner not a moment earlier and not a moment later. Sitting outside our tent we reminisced about this past year and all the others leading up to our marriage. It is truly incredible how each little moment in our individual lives led us to being synced with one another's. This made me think of a quote by Elder Russel M. Nelson, 
"When you as husband and wife recognize the divine design in your union--when you feel deeply that God has brought you to each other--your vision will be expanded and your understanding enhanced."
I like to think I have a better understanding of marriage and what it means to be committed to a person for time and all eternity. By no means am I an expert or even close to. My mom asked us what our piece of advice would be now after our first year together. So many thoughts came to me but one seems to sum things up nicely.

Marriage is to be selfless. 
Concerned more with the needs and wishes of others than with one's own. This is something I need to work on each and every day. Some days come easier than others but knowing he is happy makes my heart full.  As I focus on his needs, mine seem to more easily fall into place.
"Harmony in marriage comes only when one esteems the welfare of his or her spouse among the highest of priorities. When that really happens, a celestial marriage becomes a reality, bringing great joy in this life and the life to come." - Elder Russel M. Nelson
Being married to this guy...makes my heart happy.


To celebrate we got away for the weekend to Utah's famous Arches National Park.
Tried out "glamping," yep glamorous-camping. 
Basically, all the fun of camping but with the comforts of a bed. A tad bit ridiculous but worth the try.


After a very warm night and being woken up at 5am (thanks to no mountains delaying the sunrise) it was time to get up eat some breakfast and make our way to Arches.






Yes that is us in the picture.


selfie with a cool dude in the background




One year ago Tanner and I became a family. 
It has been such a blessing to have him as my husband, my best friend, my soul mate.

HAPPY ONE YEAR!!


post signature

p.s. this one is for kicks...


3 comments:

  1. I just read this whole thing, including the three posts you referenced in the beginning, and I'm dying! Everything is so sweet! Thanks for sharing your story. Some people find it annoying when people talk about how happy they are that they're married, but it gives me hope and fills my heart. I love it. Keep it coming. :) You're beautiful Kristyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. Cute. Cute. Can't believe it's already been a year! And glamping?! Is that a real thing or did you make that up?! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennie, thanks for reading! This makes me happy!

    Hannah, glamping is completely a real thing...google it :)

    ReplyDelete

Coup de Foudre © 2014