Some people bbq. Others head to the pool.
For my family, Memorial Day means going to Grandma's (& Grandpa's),
working on the ranch--rain or shine--all in the company of cattle.
Moo.
Snacks to your hearts content, soda cans lining the corral, a sopping mixture of mud & manure (also known as muck), sandwiches and creamies for lunch, a few minor accidents here and there, spending time with family laughin' and crackin' jokes, and achy muscles you never you knew you had. Finally finishing the day off with the best night's rest of your life.
After a long day (and you're only halfway done) you rest up wherever you can.
As I've gotten older, the more I've come to realize this is not merely just a weekend of playing in the dirt and eating junk food...but HARD WORK. Ranchers sure are tough.
Maybe because I don't have to do this everyday, I find it a weekend I look forward to every year.
P.S. Got beef?
Can I steal some photos from you? I didn't get any of the boys...
ReplyDeleteOf course! :)
Delete