Pages

Friday, December 11, 2015

Atticus Lyle: Pre-Birth Story

Friday, December 11, 2015
Sunday, November 22 - A day we had looked forward to for the past 9 months. The "due" date came and went with no signs of labor. To not be disappointed I had told myself baby wasn't coming until the first of December and if it came early, it would be a pleasant surprise. I think my family and friends were more antsy that baby didn't come then.
                                                 (40 weeks and feeling good)

Monday, November 23 - Went out for Indian food to celebrate my 5 years working at VitalSmarts. Since many people recommend eating spicy food to induce labor we figured it couldn't hurt right? Let's be honest though, I mostly just wanted some chicken coconut kurma.

Tuesday, November 24 - Completely normal day. I had some alone time that evening while Tanner went on a run. My sister had lent me the book "The Gift of Giving Life: Rediscovering the Divine Nature of Pregnancy and Birth" (I highly recommend giving it a read; whether you are pregnant or even thinking about getting pregnant). I was drawn to a specific chapter called "They Who Wait Upon the Lord." It talked about how birth is a time of waiting. From getting pregnant, to being pregnant, and right on up to delivery...lots of waiting. It referred to a scripture in Isaiah 40:31 which reads:
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint." 
I really hadn't felt particularly anxious or impatient about meeting our baby but I felt the spirit very strongly as I read those words. It was important to wait on the Lords timing, knowing that I didn't have to wait alone. God was aware of me, and He would sustain me. Little did I know that my Heavenly Father was prepping me for the following day. I didn't realize then what that meant but God knew I needed that reminder to lift me up for the remainder of my pregnancy. I was given this unique opportunity to put my trust and faith in the Lord and demonstrate my willingness to wait on him.

Our baby wasn't quite ready to enter this world but that would soon change.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so glad you liked the book. It's a winner.

    ReplyDelete

Coup de Foudre © 2014