Getting back into running has been so good. So, so good. No arguing that the physical benefits from running keep a body healthy and strong. BUT I love to run because what I've found it does for my brain. A time when you can just be and clear your mind. I used to be really self conscious of my running. Over the years I've come to be proud that I may not be fast but I am strong. Running isn't about competing with others but with ourselves. I know, I know that sounds super cheesy but it is true.
Since I was a senior in high school I've ran the Rex Lee Run for a Cure
(100% the proceeds go to cancer research). This race is special for me personally because my father is a cancer survivor, I think of him throughout the race. This was the first 5k
(of many) with the three of us. Oh and the weather was amazing.
Thanks to my husband for sticking with us the whole race
(even though I know he was itching to run much faster).
No comments:
Post a Comment