Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2016

the 1st fathers day

Sunday, June 19, 2016
I thought I loved my husband. Then I saw him hold our baby for the first time. In that moment, everything felt different. I felt an added measure of love for him in a way I could never have imagined. Here we are almost 7 months into parenthood, and that love has continued to expand daily. When I see them giggling their eyes out. When I see him gagging as he changes a diaper. Or when he jumps around like a fool just to get a smile. When he talks about how excited he is to take him to soccer games. When he comes home from work and both their eyes light up. When he gets up late at night because he knows I can't keep my eyes open any longer. When he pulls him into bed so we can all snooze some more. When he Facetime's at work just to see us for a quick second. Those are just a smidgen of the moments I love.

He is the best dad for our little Atticus.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup de Foudre © 2014