Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

year three

Tuesday, June 14, 2016
The other day I got a piece of mail for "Kristyn Jensen." It actually felt weird seeing it. Though that name will always be a part of me, I finally feel like a Smedley. Can I just say why that makes me so happy? Because it means I'm married to him. We are a family. Forever.

This past year we have seen more change than the previous two years of our marriage. With graduation(s), a new job, moving, a change of job, pregnancy, and the best little baby, it's hard think back to just a year ago and how different our lives were. Thankfully I didn't have to do it by myself. This guy is my rock.

Each anniversary we have found ourselves reminiscing about the year. What we have learned and how we can better our marriage. Often I have been guilty of saying, "we should have done more of this....before Atticus was born." Doing anything nowadays is significantly different with a little one in the mix. I have realized more so lately that time is so precious. If I want to continue developing our relationship then we need to be together giving our undivided attention. No phones, no tv, no distractions. Just us. This coming year I want to be better at being in the present with him. We are so good for each other. And I love it.


Happy year three to that husband of mine.

"I've had a lot of fun with you today."

1 comment:

Coup de Foudre © 2014