Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2016

bear lake, it's tradition

Thursday, August 18, 2016
My brother-in-law always teases how much our family uses the phrase, "it's tradition!" It's safe to say I have gone to Bear Lake basically every summer as long as I can remember. For the Jensen family "reunion" (not sure if we should call it a reunion since we see each other pretty regularly) we spent a few days sharing a condo on the beach.

Being able to relax with family is my favorite way to spend my time. As our family continues to grow it just gets more better yet. We had a little pet rock painting activity planned for nephews. Tanner ended up being the one to get the most into it with his "zen rock." For our beach day my dad graciously rented a wave-runner for everyone. I could spend all day on one if I could. Didn't get thrown off. Huzzah! Atticus love, love, loves splashing in water so I was optimistic he'd love the beach. The sand must have felt weird at first cause he wouldn't put his feet down. Eventually he gave in and that kid was a little sandy beach bum. It's crazy how much sand gets stuck in all the crevices. TMI?

^^This reunion did not disappoint: Getting stung by a wasp (that is the second time this summer!) / Maddox for lunch on the way there (& back) / An 11 month and a 9 month old sharing a room. Who's idea was that again? / Adam catching a frog. Liam playing with said frog. RIP / Celebrating Katrina's 30th birthday / Carmelitas / Wiggly eyes finding their way onto people caught sleeping. / Trying blue mint Aggie ice cream / Winning 2 out of 3 games of Scorefour against DaBell's / Early morning run with Tanner / Discovering Atticus likes strawberries / Spending all day building a sandcastle followed by sandcastle smash in 30 seconds / Playing tether ball / Tanner's floral pattern combos.

Of course we ended our stay watching the Olympics and eating the famous Bear Lake raspberry shakes. Although I was highly disappointed to find out the raspberries aren't local anymore. So much for Raspberry Days eh?

Love Bear Lake. Love my family.
















See, I told you he loves the beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup de Foudre © 2014