It's about time that I record our very special day. I feel bad I didn't write it down sooner but nevertheless I am here recording it now. Let's go back to week of.
Monday, June 10:
My dress was rented from a place called Gowns by Pamela and you only get the dress for a week so we had the final fitting in the morning then that evening was my bridals.
As many already know, I originally wanted an ivory tea length dress that I could possibly wear later on. We went to a few different shops and I wasn't finding anything quite like envisioned. I eventually decided to try a rental shop where you pick a top and a bottom and then they put it together to give the appearance of a dress. I found a lace top with a tuille tea length skirt and I loved it. So I paid the deposit and I was in. The next week leading up to my fitting I kept thinking about traditional floor length dresses and how I hadn't tried any on. For some reason I felt like I might regret the decision to go short, so at the fitting I tried the matching floor length skirt that went with my top. I LOVED it. Luckily no one had it reserved for my date so I made the switch.
![]() |
| First pick |
![]() |
| Second pick (minus the sleeves) |
Later that night it was time for my bridals. Due to some unplanned weather circumstances we ended up going to Memory Grove in Salt Lake. I thought I'd be more stressed about how I looked and whether pictures of me would be good but I wasn't. I felt so calm and was just so excited to wear my pretty dress and that I was getting married that week. One of my good friends Ashley Young was able to do all the pictures for our wedding and she did such an incredible job! And not in a vain way, I think the pictures turned out amazing. Here are a few of my favorites.
Thursday, June 13 (the day before!):
I went to work for a half day even though everyone thought I was crazy. After work my sisters and I had an appointment to get our nails done. It was nice to have that time with them and get pampered at the same time. Then for dinner my Mom took me on a little date to Zupas. I really wanted to see Tanner so he accompanied me while I took my car to get washed. Then I visited with family and went to bed. It didn't really feel like I was getting married the next day.
Friday, June 14:
I was calm as calm could be. The hairdresser came at about 7:15am and was finished by 8. She did some simple S-wave curls with a couple pincurls on the side. It looked beautiful and I loved it. After that I hung out with my family eating breakfast (thanks Dad for the potatos & eggs). My sisters came over to do my makeup and they sure did a good job. It was so nice to not have to worry about a thing and really enjoy the morning. Everything just came together perfectly and I was excited to see my groom and just get married already.
My Dad rode with me up to the temple and I really enjoyed that half hour drive chattin with my Dad. From the moment I could see the temple I just felt this overwhelming happiness. The sun was shining, the weather was beautiful, the flowers looked extra colorful, and the temple was glowing. After all it was my wedding day. :)
p.s. stay tuned for the rest of the day









Love this!
ReplyDeleteI'm lovin' this too!
ReplyDelete