Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

our wedding day: part 3

Saturday, August 17, 2013
Some wedding traditions can be so fun. Such as not letting the groom see your dress. And that is exactly what I did. :) The popular thing now is to have a photographer capture the first look; but I decided to just keep that moment between him and I. Looking down the hall and seeing him see me for the first time will be something I can never forget. I have never felt prettier than in that moment.

The day of our wedding there was 29 other couples being sealed; the temple was full of couples from all different ages (the sweetest elderly couple that were about to be sealed joined Tanner and I in the elevator). After a longer wait than usual (sorry people outside), we made our entrance as the newly married Mr. & Mrs. Smedley. It was wonderful to see all of these smiling faces there to celebrate us. We were able to capture some great pictures of family and friends followed by the usual groom & bride temple ground pictures.



I love my Dad
 

Smedley side
(minus Sister Katie Smedley-serving a mission in Jacksonville, FL; my new sis-in-law Candice, & my new niece Aubrey) 

Isn't he a cutie?
Jensen side

After the pictures we headed over to Tanner's stake pavilion where his mother had put together an awesome luncheon consisting of baked potatoes, watermelon, and baked goods. Since there is an abundance of little ones on my side of the family we decided to keep it casual and let all the kids come. His mother was so sweet and had set up some games and bubbles for the kids to play with. I really enjoyed having this casual luncheon and just being able to hang out with everyone.

After the luncheon we headed back to Salt Lake where Tanner had made reservations at the Grand America. We were upgraded to an executive suite on the 11th floor with an amazing view of the mountains. This hotel is gorgeous and the size of our room was probably double the size of our apartment now. The staff left us chocolate covered strawberries and a glass of sparkling lemonade to celebrate. It was nice to be spoiled a bit. :) That's all I have to say.

The next morning we walked a few blocks to a delicious bakery called Gourmandise where we enjoyed a croissant breakfast sandwich and a pecan roll. Then we walked around City Creek for a bit then headed over to the church house for the reception. My family is so great; we showed up and everything was decorated and finished. I know the day was stressful with setting up but I am so grateful for the time spent by everyone to set up. I was really happy with how it turned out and I felt like it fit Tanner and I. It had that vintage feel and with the old time french jazz music, it was perfect. I'll let the pictures tell the rest.














After 4 months of planning and my whole life waiting for this day...it was over. And let me just say, I loved every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup de Foudre © 2014