Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

just a ring

Tuesday, September 29, 2015
It wasn't until I got to work the other day that I realized I forgot to put my wedding ring on. This was the first time I had forgotten it. No big deal. Well, I made it to lunch until I went home for the ring. What a silly thing.

On that drive I got to thinking. Why could I not go without my ring for a day? Sure it's pretty and probably the nicest thing I own. Sure I don't quite feel complete without it (after all I've worn it every day for the past 2.5 years). Sure it's a sign to others that I am married. But that ring is much more.

When I look at that ring, I think of him. It was given shortly after I made the decision to be a permanent part of his life. I think of how I get to come home to his adorable smile. I think of how we get to go grocery shopping or clean the apartment or just sit and chat on the couch together. I think of vacations with him. I think of how each day he goes off to work to provide for us. I think of how he is going to be a father. I think of how he makes me laugh. I think of how he steals my pillow at night. I think about him over the years and how we came about. I think about the time he randomly made chocolate chip cookies for me. I think of holding his hand and how sweaty it can get but we keep holding on. I think about how shy he got when we went dancing together. I think of that day I was able to kneel across the alter and be sealed to him forever. I think of how much in love I am with him. 

Yeah, it is much more than just a ring.

1 comment:

Coup de Foudre © 2014