Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

new normal

Tuesday, January 26, 2016
The past two months have surprised me. I had anticipated things to be hard. No one really talked about how incredibly fun it is to have a baby. Now don't get me wrong, there has been a major learning curve. I mean grocery shopping, that was unexpectedly tricky. Fitting things in the cart with a car seat, probably should start playing tetris. Getting used to how days now are no longer just mine, they are ours. With his nursing, I've had to figure out when to squeeze in making dinner or doing the laundry or even showering (most days I don't, TMI?). But with all of these new things I can honestly say it's been easier better than I thought. Not because I'm doing anything special but because each day I get to watch him grow. What a cool thing to see! **side-note: he full on giggled for the first time on Saturday...probably the most adorable thing ever** Anyways, it's starting to feel like we've got a groove going on (a mostly sporadic one, but one nevertheless).

Life has been good. Lately though I have found myself thinking, "this has been fun, but I'm ready for things to go back to normal." What does that even mean? Then it hit me, the normal I'm used to does not include Atti. I don't want that. It's time for me to really embrace THIS is the new normal.  At the end of the day I'm tired. A good, fulfilling tired.


2 comments:

  1. I love you:) And I Love this POST! You are a great mother :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! There are definitely moments of stress and worry - mostly about how to give them the best they deserve or feeling like you are constantly doing things like cleaning up bodily fluids, feeding, and entertaining, but like you said - it's a fulfilling fatigue that keeps on giving! Nothing beats snuggles, smiles, developmental milestones...and just wait until he starts giving you kisses! They melt my heart. You're a great example of enjoying life!

    P.S. Most stores have those grocery carts with the little bucket seat thing on top so you can strap the car seat. That has saved my life!

    ReplyDelete

Coup de Foudre © 2014